Friday, April 30, 2010

Presto Pesto!

We've been the luckiest people in the world this week because my FANTASTIC coworkers at school rallied together and signed up to bring us meals this entire last week- I just finished the last of a yummy pesto salad that included, obviously, pesto, bow tie pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach, chicken, and pine nuts. And this particular teacher (also pregnant and cute as a button) also made us a chocolate pudding pie with whipped cream and oreos. I've eaten more of my fair share of that pie...and the salad. Teachers at my school are more health conscious than any other group of people I've met in my life and I've been inspired to make a lot more fresh, light food than heavy, meaty food and might even convince Craig to like some of it too. :-) A wise, elderly lady at my church was once quoted as saying she believed a vegan diet to be closer to the word of wisdom than any other type of diet....any thoughts on that? I mean, er....food for thought, right? *snicker snicker*
So- went to the doctor today after my week haitus on bed rest, hoping to be released, but not really expecting it at the same time. My cervix measured in at a whopping 3.3-3.5 cm. Which means, thankfully, nothing has gotten worse and I'm still pregnant! Hooray! But what has kept me as being so? According to my doctor, the best she can guess (since things are so unpredictable right now) is that it's because the bed rest is doing it's job. So after trying to slyly assure her that all I do at work is sit and that the kids really take care of everything for me, she didn't really buy it and pulled the plug completely- bed rest until school is out at least (there were only three weeks left!) so I'm not at work, and cervical checkups every week. Although she did say I could come to the musical tonight for my middle school kiddos as long as I sit the whole time (I volunteered for the video-taping position). No funneling in the cervix, good sign, but still on the tipsy side of things so I need to take it easy still.
My reaction? Well, I didn't cry on the way home this time, I guess that's a good sign. I feel relieved that the wait is over, and I'm guess I'm just happy knowing one way or the other what needs to happen until school is out, seeing that I have no real control over the situation. And of course happy that I'm still pregnant. :-) I feel like an imposition to many people, I guess that's where my stress on that end comes in, but this is just a short span of events in the lifeline of eternity and I will look back sometime and be grateful for it. In the meantime, enjoy my son, the performer. :-)

3 comments:

Candie said...

Love it, love it, love it! I can't believe how big Linus is now... I remember holding him when he was just a day old! And now he's doing the hokey pokey... what'll he be doing next?! I needed a good laugh. I'm so glad that you have good co-workers that take such good care of you. For some good reading, look up a talk by Elder Uchdorf from this last conference called: Continue in Patience. I haven't read the entire thing myself yet, but Chris was sharing parts of the end with me and I thought you might like it. Enjoy your "quiet" time and may you have plently to keep you occupied! (BTW, if it's worth anything, I have very good feelings about you and this baby!)

The Miz said...

Cute!!

About the Vegan thing, my thought is that it says to eat meat (albeit sparingly) for a reason.

Reebcca A.

Beth said...

It is hard when you feel like you are burdening others. I felt that way the first year Ben and I were married. I was so sick all the time, and had to rely on him for everything. However, you give others an opportunity to serve and to grow when you are in need of help. Hang in there. We are praying for you!!!