Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break: Day...the rest. And Easter

Okay, so I originally planned to post something everyday over Spring Break. That didn't last very long! Quick recap and then a buncha pictures: I basically played everyday with the kids! Outside when I could, inside when I had to. Thursday night we drove up to Denver to stay with my parents for a night. The next morning we got up and visited the Museum of Nature and Science with the kids- it was fun for sure, but I wish we had thought about all the dumb field trip kids that flooded the place around 10:30 a.m. Somehow we thought we would be beating the system by going on a school day...DER! The kids enjoyed it until it got too crowded, though. For as excited as Chloe was about seeing all the dinosaurs, she sure got freaked out at the T-Rex bones when you first walk in. It didn't help that I accidentally bonked her in the head with the door when we were walking in, so she was already upset and then she saw the T-Rex when we walked in and her first reaction was to cling to my leg frantically and announce "MOMMY! Don't let it EAT me!!!" I'm not sure Linus even saw the T-Rex, really, he was happy just to sit in the stroller and kick his legs around...that is until there were too many kids. Then he was sort of cranky and we didn't stay much longer than that. On the way back to my parent's place we stopped at McDonalds and let teh kids play on the giant play place they had there. Then we went back to my parents place and let the kids nap while Craig and I watched a movie on their big screen downstairs. Then we all drove to Boulder and ate dinner with my brother and sister, which was fun. Chloe got a little sugar happy by the end (after having a huge chunk of cheesecake and a chocolate mushy warm gooey cake as well). They were beat by the time we drove back to Windsor that night.
Conference weekend was great! We went to the town Easter Egg hunt for the kids (which lasts all of about 30 seconds, if you are lucky). Chloe stopped to help a girl who dropped and egg and that was it, all the eggs were gone! She got three and Linus got four- but they didn't care, they were happy to eat their two starbursts a piece and open the eggs themselves. We dyed eggs that night, and unfortunately I didn't take out my camera, but Linus had a ball. Instead of gently dropping the eggs in and letting them stir, it was war, the eggs against the dye, causing a lot of dye to splash everywhere and two of us to man him the entire time. They had fun finding their baskets and eggs the next morning as well and ate way too much candy. WAY TOO MUCH. Typical Easter. :-)
And Spring Break is over. 6 more weeks until school is out!








Blogger is being dumb and won't let me upload the rest of the Easter pictures, so I'll try again later. Toodles!

2 comments:

Candie said...

Funny how the greatest things in life boil down to having a good time with your family - the ones you love most. Sounds like you had a great week! Hope summer comes quick!!!

Katielin317 said...

Oh Chelsea! I am so glad you got to get out during Spring Break. I'm sorry this pregnancy is so difficult for you. but I am also glad all is well with that growing baby. And you know what? We are going to be here for 4 years...that means you have PLENTY of time to save and plan and come visit:) Arkansas is MUCH easier to afford and manage than Germany was...but GErmany was DEFINITELY more exciting:) But I would just love to see you. Take care of you!!