Friday, April 23, 2010

Tu-tus!

So since I am stuck at home by myself all day *see previous post*, mostly in bed, I have spent the first 45 min. parusing the internet! My favorite brain-sucking activity. But I found this and am totally going to make one as soon as I'm on my feet again, and am now hoping to have a little girl so I can have a matching one for Chloe too. How cute of a picture would that be? (Sorry, I think I spend about at least 35% of every day thinking of scenes that would make cute pictures...and I wish I were exaggerating).
Here's the link for the tutorial, it's like two seconds long and looks super easy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7aSPMEn7S0&feature=player_embedded#!

And I bet this would work for heavier materials as well, it just wouldn't be quite as floofy. Like if you wanted a longer, tattered, but silky look, or a country-girl white cottony/denim look (with boots and a hat, of course), or for newborns in the winter, getting some really soft pink fleece...do you think I could trust Craig to go to JoAnnes and pick out some fabric for me over the weekend....? Mmm...that's maybe dreaming a little too much. I don't craft very often, but that's mostly because I don't have time, not because I don't want to. But hey! I've got a whole week to be off my feet. Maybe I could actually start Linus's scrapbook before this next one comes! What a novel idea...
Also, speaking of ideas for pictures, I've gone to Target two times in the last two weeks or so (something I don't do very often because I want too much and can't afford enough of it)- and saw some adorable rubber goloshes for little ones, but they were over $15, I had to love myself enough to tell myself that I can't afford it. Then I saw a tan pinstriped suit with a matching tie that would have fit Linus perfectly, and my hopes lifted as I saw it was on clearance! And then sunk again when I saw that it was $17 on clearance (really?! I thought the definition of clearance meant five bucks and under....again, guess I'm just dreaming too much!). So I put it back, and sadly let go of the visions I had in my head of dressing Linus up in the suit and giving him a large piece of birthday cake for birthday pictures, or of putting Chloe in the galoshes with her swimsuit on and an umbrella, like these:







PS- I didn't take these, but I wish I did!
PSS- So I guess this also means me and my blog will be buddies the next few days too...
PSSS- If any of you find galoshes or birthday suits at a thrift store somewhere, tell me ASAP!! And I'll....make Craig go get them...or something...

4 comments:

The Yarbrough Clan said...

So CRAZY!!! I literally watched that same video two days ago!!!! CRAZY! I am going to make one for liv for halloween. I will make her a bumblebee! :) I'm also making tutu's for my sisters dance classes! I would love to go buy some fabric and bring it to your house! We can make them together! Or I wouldn't mind just getting fabric for you! Let me know!

Stephanie said...

check back next week, I work at Target and we reduce our clearance prices usually once a week. At my store, we have some little rain boots on clearance back in the garden section, they aren't as cute as the ones in the shoe department, but are definitely cute.

Candie said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. The tu-tu and the boots would be way cute together! That's too bad that you can't even do laundry or something productive while you are stuck at home. Just bring your scrapbook stuff to bed ;)Call me if you go crazy and want to talk to someone. I'd love to chat!

Lindsey said...

That's so funny because I too watched that very video last week and I made one. It was SO easy and very cute!! I just got four colors of tulle and ribbon from Walmart for about $5. It would be very easy for Craig to follow directions to get the right materials. :) I hope all is well. I understand VERY much the frustration of bed rest. I was stuck for almost 6 weeks. If you need ideas for what to do, let me know. :)