Monday, May 3, 2010

I love blossoms!


Some green and blooming events happening around our house! Our crabapple tree last year didn't bloom like it did this year, and last year we hardly got any crabapples (this from a tree that gives us mutant sized crabapples that muck up our yard come fall...). I'm guessing we'll have a large harvest this year (anyone out there make who wants to make crabapple jelly is welcome to them when they are ready!). I fall in love with this tree when it blooms, though.



2 comments:

Alli Howe said...

Spring always has a way of healing me. I'm also falling in love with the blossoms in my neighborhood. Plus, my heavenly-scented lilacs are almost ready to pop! I can't wait to see your crab apple. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. Love you bunches. Honey bunches of oats.

Katie Seamons said...

Crab apple trees are one of my favorites too! Although while we were in home depot I overheard somebody asking about the treatment you can put on crabapple trees that will still allow them to bloom but not produce fruit so you won't get the muck! Who knew!? Might be worth checking out...