Sunday, May 16, 2010

BIRT-DAY CAKE! BIRT-DAY CAKE!

Linus turned two yesterday, and from the minute I finished his cake in the afternoon, he couldn't keep his eyes off of it. I had to convince him it was "yucky" for a while so he wouldn't touch it. Luckily he forgot about that before he actually started eating it. :-) This was the most three dimensional cake I have yet created. Craig and I got into a heated argument Friday night because Craig insisted that I just do the train and not the sheet cake underneath, but I really didn't want to frost 10 different cars so there would be enough for everyone. We ended up probably having too much cake, as Craig predicted, but I'm a woman, and I admittedly like the aesthetics more than the practicality.




Eating with a fork is LAME-O.
See?!I kept trying to ask Linus how old he was so he could tell me, but Chloe was always around each time I did and before Linus could even think about it she would shout out "TWO!! Mommy, Yiyus is TWO today!!" Actually I think she may have been more excited about his birthday than he was, as evidence by her gigantic meltdown when he finished opening his presents and wanted to play with the toys that Chloe wanted to check out. I've had to explain to her several times since that they are his birthday toys and not hers. Linus did fantastic the entire night, and didn't even get too cranky or tired by the end of it all. We had the whole family out and ate hot dogs and hamburgers and jell-o and of course, watched his "year two" slideshow. I'm having difficulty posting it here- it's just taking forever, so I may have to try it another time.

He got some fun toys to play with too- finally he's got some more "boyish" toys- like matchbox cars, large plastic dinosaurs, a basketball hoop, and one of those cars that you shake up and the more you shake it, the further it goes when you put it down on the ground. Plus some very handsome clothes, that he didn't really get. He kept pulling them out of the bag and tossing them like they were part of the wrapping and was all confused when there were no toys to be found. Both sets of grandparents got him a "bubble" toy- he got an electric train that blows bubbles out the top and a lawn mower that blows bubbles when you walk with it. We tried the train inside until our floor started getting too slippery, so we'll have to save them for outside this week. The kids loved it, though. All in all we thought it all went swimmingly and now Chloe's been asking us every minute how much longer it's going to be until her birthday...here we go...
Got extra cake for anyone who wants some, come on over! :-)

1 comment:

Candie said...

You did a great job on the cake! Tell Craig I said so too! So glad that you were able to be there for it all. Happy "Birt-day" Linus! I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday... wow, that was two years ago?!?! Wish we could've been there too!