Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bubbles and Hats

Linus got a "bubble train" for his birthday and here are some of our bubble adventures. The bubble lawn mower has a hard time getting the bubbles out, so we've just been using the train so far. They tend to make a mess with it by the end because they figured out that when they put their hands right up to the spout, they don't have to chase the bubbles, they just pop right on their hands. And that my friends is why they make bubbles non-toxic...







Here are some more of my creations- I'm totally hooked now (err....no pun intended...) and everyday I make something with yarn. I even got my sister-in-law into it when I showed her how to make the premie sized ones. I'm getting a lot better at switching colors, so I'm going to break into my bins upstairs to create all sorts of colors. Call me weird...and also ungrateful...but I really didn't like the selection of hats to choose from at the hospital when our kids were born- they were all neutral, and sometimes I think people deem something as cute just because it's baby colored yarn. But we all have different tastes, so now moms at the hospital can have some of my tastes to choose from. :-)

This is a premie sized hat next to a toddler sized one I made for Chloe. You can really see the difference in size! Chloe likes to put the premie ones on her baby doll because they fit so well- hard to imagine that babies come out that size sometimes...


Girls hats, all premie

A boy premie beanie
Chloe modeling her hat. I have to make Linus one now because he keeps wanting to wear hers...


Also- had my ultrasound today and my cervix is at a steadier 3.1-3.4 cm. The ultrasound tech (I really need to get her name, I see her every week and she's really sweet) was thrilled that it wasn't in the 2 range again, so I left feeling good this time instead of apprehensive. I couldn't schedule my appointment and ultrasound on the same day this week, so tomorrow I see Dr. B for my regular (ha ha..."regular"....) appointment. Also- I mentioned today that this was the farthest I've seen any of my kids on an ultrasound and the tech said that the peri-natal doctor I saw in Denver wants growth charts on a monthly basis and that they would do some 3D ultrasounds for some of those ones as I get further along. Those always look kinda weird to me, but I admit I'm excited to see what my own baby looks like in the golden glow of a 3D ultrasound...

1 comment:

Candie said...

I love the second picture of the bubbles! Great shot. I'm so happy that you had such a good apointment today!!! Yeah! The further you get along, the harder the ultrasounds will be to see. At some point the baby just gets too big to see much very clearly. I was a little disapointed at that myself... but it is still fun to take a peak none-the-less. (I vote it's a boy... just for the record- guess I'll have to wait a while to find out, huh)