Monday, August 15, 2011

Odell turns one!


She was pretty excited to eat that cake.
Current stats: 21.5 lbs (59%), 28.5 in. (32%), and 20 in. head (99%). Except they cap it at 99% even if you are way over that. This is what her chart looks like for head size:Yeah, I'm pretty sure if there was a 120% she would be there. Still cute as a button, though! She can crawl and is starting to pull herself up on small things like kid chairs and stairs (not really close to walking yet, but my kids have always taken their time with that). She makes a VERY loud clicking noise with her tongue when she's bored or likes to get a reaction out of people (and I mean very loud, I can't even do it as loud as her). She can give high fives and head bonks and immitate a lot of sounds. She can say "momma" and "dadda" and "dee-doo" (thank you) and "'Laow" (hello). She even uses her tongue for the "L" sound, it's cute. She loves to clap her hands, make loud noises with toys, and does not like it when you walk away from her (but other than that generally very content).



I was thinking the night before her birthday about everything we went through during her pregnancy. It was rough. That night as I was tucking her into bed, I got her dressed, sang her some songs, rocked her in my arms in the rocking chair a bit, and then I said her nighttime prayer with her as she watched me eagerly with her arms neatly folded from her crib (yes, she's figured out how to fold her arms! SO cute). I came back in later as I was getting ready for bed and just watched her sleep and shed a few motherly tears, thanking Heavenly Father for letting us keep her in our family. There was a while there where I wondered if that would happen. I can't get enough of her smiles and giggles and beautiful eyes, I would sit and watch her all day if I could. She has such a calm and inquisitive spirit and we are lucky- blessed- to have her in our family here with us. We love you Odell!!

2 comments:

Milmonster said...

What a beautiful girl! Can't believe its been a year already.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday. She really does have adorable eyes. It must mean so much to you that during your pregnancy things were tough, but now you have a healthy one year old!