Monday, August 8, 2011

Most Important Project

So, it being the week of a birthday in this family, Mommy is on the hunt for slideshow music.
It is 12:30 in the a.m., I'm lying on my carpet (which really stinks, never been up close and personal with this one, but it looks like I'm going to have to do some deep cleaning here soon, it reeks...) with a MAJOR slideshow block.
That's right, I said SLIDESHOW BLOCK!! *cue awful horror show music*
Really, it is quite terrifying. I have TONS of good slideshow songs. Really, I have a lot of them. My problem is that I've already used a lot of them for my other two kids on their slideshows and I'm stumped.
And it being Odell's FIRST birthday and all, I need something different than what I would do for a 4 or 3 year old's slideshow. Most of her pictures are cute, soft, beautiful, sometimes silly, but she's the first child I've had my camera for since birth, so I have a lot of pictures of her from the hospital on. Which is great, but all my songs feel like they need to be more meaningful and they just aren't coming out that way and...and...*sniffle* it's late and I'm tired and I'm just not finding what I'm looking for. Phooey.
There. Tantrum thrown.
If you can't tell, these slideshows mean a lot to me and I take a lot of time making them exactly how I want them to be because my scrapbooking has sort of fallen into the back closet and I'm not very good at printing pictures and putting them into albums or anything like that, so making a slideshow for each of my kids of their previous year for them is something that I like to do and I like to do well.
SO- that being said, I'm now open to suggestions. Most of the slideshows in the past have used songs like these:
Till Kingdom Come/Strawberry Swing/Life in Technicolor- Coldplay
Upside Down/ My Little Girl/ People Watching- Jack Johnson
Make You Feel My Love- Adele
Don't Be Shy- Cat Stevens
Stolen- Dashboard Confessional
Kings and Queens- 30 Seconds to Mars
Hot Air Balloon/ The Bird and the Worm- Owl City
Darling I do- Landon Pigg and Lucy Schwartz (LOVE this song)
...the list goes on, but these are just a few. I did decide that the "end" song (the MOST IMPORTANT song in the whole show) for Odell will be "So You Are To Me" by Peter Bradley Adams. I was just looking up singer/songwriters in the same genre as a few artists I like and found this one. It's beautiful.
Anyway, got a second? Tell me your favorite songs. I want to hear them. :-)

By the way. I love this girl to pieces! And am really sad that she's growing up. Those teeny tiny baby years just go by WAY to quick...

4 comments:

Angie said...

I love "baby of mine" or something like that by allison krauss because it was a dumbo movie song, and her voice is so soothing.

Alli Howe said...

I love old croonie stuff by Sinatra and Tony Bennett- there are some sweet love songs that work for babies like "The Way You Look Tonight." But I don't know if they would go with your other songs... You can't go wrong with "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong or that big Hawaiian guy. I heard that Jewel has done some covers of kid songs that would sound soothing. I love her style.

Papworth's said...

Oh my goodness! So so adorable and yes, it went by so fast!! I'm glad to see that everyone is so happy, healthy and well! Great photography too by the way! We'll have to set up a sessions sometime!

Candie said...

The "Big Hawaiian Guy" Alli mentioned was who I was thinking of so I looked up his name: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. He sings "What a Wonderful World". LOVE IT! Love Odell's pics, BTW. Love the spikey hair on a girl - who woulda thought? Can't wait to use my camera on this baby! Wish I could be at this party to see the slide show!!!

BTW, we are planning one last trip out before the baby is born... would you like to do preggy pics of me (or me & the fam)? :)