Monday, November 22, 2010

Angels are singing right now...

Because I just found an awesome article about how to interact with kids while taking pictures of them by one of my FAVORITE childrens' photographers.
Anyone, moms and photographers alike, should read this article. It's swell. I totally agree that kids interact SO much better when Mom and Dad aren't hanging over your shoulder making sure they behave, but I'm just glad to hear that it's okay to ask them to go away while you take their pictures. I mean, I'm a teacher, I know fairly well how to interact with kids, but it just makes it harder (in most cases) when they've got parents in the background threatening their life if they don't smile, or trying to make them smile successfully and then I get a ton of shots of the kid looking out of the camera at their parent in the background.
I'm doing it. If Amy Wenzel can do it, so can I.
By the way, here's the article if anyone wants to read it!
http://www.amywenzel.com/?p=541

1 comment:

Alli Howe said...

I read the post. totally great. maybe I should just hang out with your kids while you take pictures of mine. I tried to take pictures of the boys as shepherds today.... results were varied. I'll have some up on our blog later today. God bless nap time.

I love you! I miss you!