Friday, October 22, 2010

We sold Linus to the zoo

Unfortunately, they wouldn't take him. :-)
Whew! Just got back this morning from a two day stay with my mom in Denver with all three of the kids by myself. I'm starting to finally acknowledge that my kids are starting slightly to behave better in public. Well, Chloe's been fine for a while, but Linus is bit by bit gaining eensy-weensy morsels of self-control each time I take him out, which is saying something for him.
We had a nice relaxing stay, though. We left Wednesday after naptime, I got stuck in traffic something fierce, and while trying to avoid I-25, got even more stuck in traffic and it ended up taking me two hours to get to my mom's place when it usually onely takes us one. But we made it there in one piece just in time to eat some dinner and then put the kids to bed! The next morning I took Linus and Chloe to the zoo because it was free zoo day and Grandma watched Odell at home. I was expecting it to be a somewhat stressful experience, but I was just hoping by a glimmer that the kids would enjoy it more than the last time we went. Last time I was with my aunt and her kids and my brother and sister and I was very pregnant, uncomfortable, and cranky, not to mention we put the kids in our wagon to pull them around and they couldn't see anything and got distracted very easily. This time I had the energy of the universe in me, as compared to how I felt 8 months pregnant last time, and I put them in the side by side double stroller (got it last week on craigslist for $35!)this time so I could push them right up to the windows or the bars and they could see everything. It made a world of difference and they were actually content to sit in it the whole time and LOVED seeing the animals. Linus liked the monkeys the most and I think Chloe liked the giant hippo statue the most, but there were a bazillion kids crawling all over it so we couldn't get out and play on it this time. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the beautiful day in the backyard and my sister came up from Boulder and we all went out to eat for dinner. We drove home this morning and I'm now blogging about this because we are going to the pumpkin patch this afternoon and wanted to get these pictures up before I had more of getting pumpkins and got behind in my blogging...again. :-) Here are just a few shots of the zoo.
Real Gorilla


Not a real Gorilla

Linus wouldn't go on the carousel, but Chloe had a blast, it was her first time, she was so brave!
Since Chloe got to go on the carousel, we had to take a trip on the train too. Linus loved it.

Singing on the back porch at Grandma's house
Thank you, thank you...

2 comments:

Candie said...

First of all, LOVE the picture of Chloe on the carousel! Awesome. Secondly, Chris thought the "real gorilla" was Craig at first. Oops! He, he, he.

Angie said...

Yep, we did end up at that pumpkin patch. Did you guys have fun too?
Your zoo pictures are fun (and kudos on the good deal on the double stroller.