Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Fun!



Every time Craig and I have driven together anywhere in the last couple of weeks, the most commonly uttered phrase from my mouth is "Oh my gosh, Craig, look at the colors on that tree!" I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed this years autumn show. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Colorado hasn't seen a decent fall here in a while, and I am enjoying every minute of it. I wish I could get out and take more pictures of it all, but there just aren't hours enough in the day, so I'll just have to make mental memories of it all.
We went to Tigges farm on Friday to go pick out some pumpkins- this was the first time I'd done that with the kids ever. My heart lamented every previous year when I would run out of time and my mother in law would end up taking the kids for me when she went because I had too much to do. This year, thanks to "fall break", I specifically planned an afternoon where we could go and do this and I could get some decent pictures of the kids at the pumpkin patch. We had a lot of fun, my sister in law and her kids came with us for an hour. Getting four kids 5 and under to take a picture together was challenging (yes, even for a photographer, there's no magic button to make them all look the right way at the right time with the right smile!)- this was as good as I could get!
We also got the kids' halloween costumes this year: nothing fancy. Since Halloween is on Sunday and we won't be going trick-or-treating (we believe that Sunday, as the sabboth, is a day of rest, so we won't be going trick or treating in the neighborhood on Sunday night). Look for pictures of that upcoming this week...

No comments: