Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good news!

Many beads of sweat on my part and a new hard drive later, we have a healthy computer again and have recovered all of our missing photos (and music and home videos)! After I clean my house tonight, my next project is GETTING ALL THESE ONTO HARD COPIES!! Never again will I let it build up that bad before I do something about it. I think I owe my father-in-law and his buddy from work, who got everything fixed for us, my LIFE! Seriously. It was touch and go there for a while...
So my plan to "build my portfolio" (in photography) has sort of gone cold for a while. I had it in my head that people are dying for this sort of work, but the reality is that the economy is bad, all my friends are just as poor as me, and getting family photos from an amateur is not a priority in many peoples' lives. Granted, I really haven't done much advertising, and after a creepy experience with a craigslist contactee, I'm not really sure how to go about that in a SAFE, non-threatening or pushy way. In the meantime, as my subject list has come to a stand-still, I've resorted to my children once again. And I think I might try this I Heart Faces thing out for kicks, it looks like fun! Thanks, Katie, for sharing the idea. :-) So enjoy yet another set of shots of my two lovely children, from a mother who has the biggest "mommy goggles" in the world when it comes to pictures of her kids.
PS- Call me a trend-freak, I know, but after mentally scoffing at every little boy I saw with the "fo-hawk" (is that even how you spell it?), I broke down and had to try it on my little boy at least once. Opinions anyone?



Also, every night both Linus and Chloe get a dance with Daddy before they go to bed. Chloe is such a Daddy's girl, it's not even funny. She hardly cuddles with me ever, but get her to dance with her Daddy and she nestles her head right into a cozy spot on his chest, tucks her arms in, and she's set to just lie there all night if she could. Here's a couple memories to share. :-)

2 comments:

JW Lovin' Life said...

What cutie pies!! I love Linus' hair too! I like your pics and yes I can imagine you are having a hard time getting much work, its just kinda how it is right now, custom photos are a luxury that most people have to do without right now. Sad, but true. And please be very careful with Craigslist ads, etc. I would recommend never going to a location by yourself to do a shoot if you don't know who they are, there are just too many crazy creepy people out there. You can have who ever comes with you be your "assistant", it is just so much safer that way! Tell Craig hi for me, I miss you guys!!

Milmonster said...

Precious pictures Chels. Glad you got your computer working again. I went to walmart after you posted last and printed out about a 100 pictures.