Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hello World!

So I decided that it was too much trouble to try to redesign our old blog page for Chloe, and since we now have a new addition to the family, I just made a new page for our whole family. This first page is dedicated to the new baby, and the following ones will be updates since then. So on to our bouncing baby boy...

Stats:

Name- Linus Cooper Ellingson

Birthdate- May 15th, 2008

Weight- 8 lbs 10 0z

Length- 21 and a quarter inches

Head Circumference- 14 and a half inches

The delivery went smoothly- six hours all together (which was a releif from Chloe's 18 hours). His face was bruised when he came out and the nurses had to put this happy little sign on his crib that said "My face is bruised!" with a nice cute cartoon of a baby at the bottom so that the nurses wouldn't freak out if they saw his purple face. Other than that everything went smoothly. They had to induce me since my water had broken the night before and my contractions never started that night, and they actually thought it was going to be a C-section since I wasn't progressing very fast and my doctor was concerned that he would get stuck coming out like Chloe did. Luckily, however, I went from 5cm to 10 cm in a couple hours and then I pushed twice and he came out. Yay for no C-section!

So far we've been extremely lucky in getting yet another angel baby- probably even more so than Chloe was, if that is even possible. He has his bad nights, sure, any kid does, but when he is awake he is usually just content to look around at the world and make funny faces. So far we're fairly sure that he looks just like his dad. Everything about him seems just as much like Craig as Chloe is like me. Typical nuclear family, girl looks like mom, boy looks like dad. He nurses well, he sleeps...okay, not as much as we'd like at night, but we're working on it. Anyway, we've been doing great these last few weeks and look forward to all that little Linus will bring into our lives!




1 comment:

Milmonster said...

Congratulations! We are excited to meet the new one.
Miss you.