Friday, June 11, 2010

Summah-Time

What's the next best thing to going to the pool for a bunch of home-bound suckers such as us for some water-filled, cool-down on a hot day fun?
Sprinklers, of course!
Chloe had a blast.
Linus...ah...didn't.

In fact he was quite disgruntled about the whole experience. He didn't like putting on his swimsuit, he didn't want to put on the shirt, then he didn't want to have no shirt on, he didn't want to put on the sun screen, and watching him finally experience the sprinklers was painful...but admittedly funny.



All was made well when we found his belly button again. Whew!
Chloe took this picture. And was quite proud of it, actually. Apparently the whole face isn't necessary to get a good portrait done...


No bad/good sprinkler experience can't be made better with some otto-pops. We eat a lot of otto-pops around here...good thing they come in huge boxes.


These next few are just some being silly pics around the house. I actually took the camera out to get some pictures of Chloe in the hat I made her (the second one...and probably not the last). This turned into a "lets climb on all the furniture and jump around because it's raining outside and we need to get out some energy!" shoot.
Chloe is very proud of her bruise here. I'm not sure exactly what happened as I was napping at the time, but I know it involved her scooter and a bag of ice afterwards. It was fairly swollen to begin with, and then she got a nice mosquito bite on it later, so her shin is a little lopsided if you look at it from an angle. You always know a kid is having a good summer when their shins are bruised and scraped up and down. :-)


Linus had to get his hat out too. And the rain boots (thanks Angie!!). But only momentarily, as this was the only shot I got with him in them before he found something else to do.


Linus loves to dance.


Green popsicle tongue.


This is the hat, and Chloe loves it. Especially when she wears her "matching blue dress" (skirt) with it.


Not that I'm biased or anything, but sometimes she is just too cute. And sometimes she knows it too.

Other than that, the summer has been rather relaxing. I still try to find a balance everyday of not "over doing" myself, even though I have no clue what over doing myself is. Yesterday I had quite a few contractions...maybe like 7 or 8 total good ones and a handful of "unsures" from about 1:00 p.m. to bed time. That's the most I've had in a while, so I didn't do a whole lot yesterday, mostly because my hips get rather sore when I contract too much which makes moving in any way a task. I've decided that being pregnant over the summer isn't really a good idea. We're not even through June and being uncomfortable at night and tossing and turning combined with sore hips combined with a small bladder combined with the stagnant heat of it all with our bedroom being upstairs is a torturous combo. And theoretically I still have a ways to go. But underneath it all I am happy that I'm still pregnant. I'll be 30 weeks on Monday! I should have like a 30 weeks celebration or something. If anyone has any good suggestions, let me know. :-)
Anyway, Craig let me sleep in this morning and it's 9:30 now and I haven't showered, so I better skidaddle.

4 comments:

Candie said...

This has been the longest pregnancy! (or so it seems!) But I'm so happy to hear that you are still pregnant! I vote you take a cool bath and make Craig rub your feet or something relaxing to celebrate... And maybe a nice big bowl of ice cream! :D Love the pictures, and I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! Miss you!!!!!

Alli Howe said...

Sprinklers are incredibly important. My mom got Phin some really sweet "running around like crazy" sprinklers for his birthday. He will just squeal and run on the other side of the yard and say, "mama! I jumped over the sprink-er!" At least it's watering the grass.

a 30 week celebration can include, but is not limited to...
*Doing one of those ridiculous belly cast kits
*Belly dancing from the couch
*Putting temporary tattoos all over the aforementioned belly
*Make a party hat for the belly
*Throw a pot luck where all the food has to start with the letter "B" or be shaped like a belly.
*Visit Alli in Fort Morgan so she can rub the belly.

Alli Howe said...

Can we barter for some of those really sweet hats? If you make some for my boys for the Fall... I can make curtains, table runners, baby quilts, etc. They are the COOLEST hats.

Nathan and Bonnie said...

Linus looks just like Craig. Seriously. Talk about a mini-me. Chloe and Tanner are totally going to have a blast and a half together whenever that day comes that we see each other (sigh).