Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Not in a Van, but down by the river...


Poudre river really is a pretty place, especially since it's been raining and everything is so green. I had this vision of bringing my kids down here wearing white and khaki and getting some perfect shots of them together. The reality was a little less so. Individual pictures were slightly more successful, but getting them to BOTH look at the camera AND smile was asking a little too much. Especially since I didn't think about the bugs. Oh my goodness, were there misquitos EVERYWHERE! It kinda freaked Chloe out, as you can see from the last picture, she had had enough of them by the end. Now if these weren't my kids, they would have been perfect, but they are so used to that stinkin' camera in their faces all the time, that trying every trick in the book to get them to laugh was near impossible. Out of the 180 or so shots I took, these were the best of them. But alas, I shall not give up...


Literally THE ONLY shot where both of them were looking at the camera. I'm going to have to experiment with head swapping on photoshop here...
Okay, okay, I admit it, I really like this one. Probably because he is my son, but that's okay. If I enjoy it, that's really all that matters...

And here's where the minor annoyance at the bugs turned into a full-fledged meltdown. I love how Linus is looking at me like "Um...am I supposed to be upset too? What's going on?"

5 comments:

The Yarbrough Clan said...

I love the pics! You do a great job! I can't wait for you to shoot Olivia's two year pics. Oh and I love chris farley! :)

Milmonster said...

I love your kids. They look like they have the best personalities. Great pics once again!

Katielin317 said...

Hey! You Reposted!

Katielin317 said...

Okay, I realize that I have already commented on this post now THREE times, but I just had to tell you that I laugh out loud everytime I see the picture of Chloe screaming. Seriously. A good, hearty laugh

The Waltz's said...

Lol, love these. I've never been to this river...you'll have to give me directions when we get back ;)are you in the Windsor Ward now...sad