Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Crazy Hair Day

So last Friday was crazy hair day at the school I work at. When I was in high school occasionally I thought it was cool to make people think that for a day I had ridiculously curly hair, so I would tie it in rags with wet hair and then sleep on it overnight and in the morning I would tie a bandana around my head and pretend to be a real Boulder hippie for a day. I decided that crazy hair day would be a good day to resurrect the white-woman 'fro. I tied everything up the night before and in the morning just ran my fingers through all the curls to make it stand on end as such:



Once I was satisfied, I go to get ready for the rest of my day when it suddenly dawns on me: wait a minute, school's not the only place I'm going today. I had a meeting with a guy to go over some insurance things for next year at the district office and then after my meeting I had to zip over to Loveland for my yearly OBGYN check up. Great! Do I quick take a shower and straighten it out or just go with it? In the end, my desire to freak out the kids at school prevailed and I went out in public. At first I just prefaced everyone who gave me a weird look with "Oh, don't worry, ha ha! It's crazy hair day at my school! Good times...." and then I just let it go. The weird looks were amusing anyway. My doctor had a good laugh over it too. Craig was absolutely mortified by it, so of course on my way out I had to stop by the store and make sure all his coworkers saw me. :-)

2 comments:

Milmonster said...

That's pretty funny. I think I would have chosen the first option of showering so I applaud your bravery.

Ixchelle said...

That's AWESOME! I love that you stopped and made sure to see all Craig's coworkers! That made me laugh.