Thursday, September 16, 2010

Button, button, who's got the button?

Linus does. I now wish I would have taken a picture of my stupidity, but instead the story will have to suffice. For some strange reason, after I bought a small box full of craft buttons at Joann's I thought it would be a good idea to open it up, show the kids all the colorful, bright buttons, run my fingers through them with them in full view, and then put it on the counter in reachable distance while instructing the children to stay in their seats and finish their lunch while I went upstairs to feed Odell for a minute.
The next sound I heard was something like the sound a rain stick makes when you tip it over, only not so pleasant, then Chloe screaming "WI-NUS DID IT! HE'S NOT EATING HIS LUNCH, MOM, I BEING A GOOD GIRL!"
Unfortunately I haven't swept the floor as often as I should have this week, so I couldn't just sweep the fallen buttons up without getting the week's worth of kitchen-floor gummies along with it. I had to pick them up one by one. The floor vent was conveniently located right where most of them spilled, so I got to go vent diving as well- on the plus side, the cobwebs are all cleaned out of there now.

2 comments:

Kira said...

Niiiice! That sounds just like something that would happen at my house. :)

Candie said...

Bettcha'll never do that again! We try to be good, teaching mothers. We only want to expose our children to all the joys in life. And what happens? It bites us in the butt! Ya, I've been there. Good story.