Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My dearest daughter

Chloe Mar Ellingson: almost 3, blonde, blue-eyed, big sister
Favorite Song: Either "Five Little Ducks" by Raffi or a song that a girl from my high school wrote that I happened to come across on youtube one day called "The Muffin Man" found here. She can also enjoys "I'm a Child of God", "I love to see the temple", "Wheels on the Bus", and of course, "Popcorn Popping".
Favorite Games: Loves to play Candy Land, but still hasn't really figured out that you can't just move your piece wherever you want to on the board. She plays with her baby dolls: she loves to feed them at her chair at the table, if ever she brings one with us in the car, it has to be buckled in, she pushes them in the stroller, burps them, gets grossed out when they poop on her lap ("EWWWWW! Baby, that's dis-GUSSIN'!!!"), and generally loves them with a three year old sized mother heart. She also has developed a newfound love for the "Whatchoosay?" game, which is basically played like this:
Me: "Chloe, can you go pick up your toys please?"
Chloe: "Whatchoosay?"
Me: "I said 'Chloe can you go pick up your toys please'"
Chloe: "Whatchoosay?"
Me: "Chloe! Go pick up your toys now!"
Chloe: "WHATCHOOOOOOSAAAAAAYYYYY?!?!?!"
Me: *surpressing a laugh*
Chloe's relationship with her brother: It's complicated. Part best friend, part-mortal enemy, part "I'm the boss of you even though I know I'm not supposed to be". They always give each other a good kiss and a hug goodnight, but the rest of the day is mostly anything but that. She's developed a new habbit of sternly shaking a finger at him when she's deemed his actions inappropriate. Now, when the finger is wagged at her for similar actions by her parents, it's usually accompanied by an even sterner "Chloe Mar!". Now Linus is recieving the same treatment by her sister, who calls him "Yi-yus Mar!". Mostly I laugh and correct her and then there's a quick "Oh....Yiyus Cooper!".
Favorite clothes: Yes, this is a category because getting dressed every morning is an ordeal. Mostly that's my fault because I can't turn down a cute pair of tights when I see them at the store or a large thrift selection at my infrequent trips, so she's got quite a few items to choose from every morning. She loves these tights, though. She's worn them three times this week already, going from a raga-muffin look with a colorful clashing skirt to Jane Fonda with excersize shorts and bright blue and white tennies. I better curb her (and myself) before those blessed teenage years or we'll be up the creek without a paddle.

Chloe: "Mommy, I went poo-poo!"
Me: "Oh great, Chloe! Good job!"
Chloe: "Mommy, it stuckamaaeeebum!"
Me: "....what was that?"
Chloe: "It stuckamaaeeebummm!"
Me: "I'm sorry, Chloe, I don't know what you're saying..."
Chloe "IT....STUCK....A......MY.....BUM!"
Me: "....it stuck to your bum?"
Chloe: "YES!"
Me: *grateful that Craig handled this problem*

This was Chloe's reaction when I told her to open her eyes so I could see her big baby blues.
I'm grateful for this little ray of sunshine in my life. I'm happy that we are such good friends now, I love our conversations and all her little quirks and all the new things she experiences everyday. My only hope is that I will live up to my role to teach her all those good things of life and pray for her everyday. I love you my sweet Chloe Mar. :-)

4 comments:

Katielin317 said...

What a sweet post!! And what a sweet girl! I love all of the little things she says...especially WHATCHOOSAAY!!!??! Killer. Love it.

Milmonster said...

Great post of a sweet girl. I'm trying to enjoy Rose's moments now but its hard to not think about what she will be like in a few years. So adorable. Nice pics as well.

Nathan and Bonnie said...

SOOO fun to read about Chloe--and I loved the amazing pics just as much. Oh, we play the same game "Whatchoosay," only our "game" is called "HUH????" and it does not make me smile.....Chloe sounds hilarious. I think she and Tanner would get along famously. Maybe we'll have to do a playdate (sigh) someday!

The Waltz's said...

Oh, I loved seeing the pics! I CANNOT believe how big she is getting! Keep up the great work with your pics...I'm living vicariously and just praying that life will slow down enough for me to get into photography like I've been trying to. I am grateful for our cute little kids though. We found out #4 is another girl! Hope everything is going great!