Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Kids are great!







If only they had muddy grey eyes instead of vibrant blue...
JUST KIDDING!
Oh, how I love my kids. The other morning I woke up to Chloe climbing in bed with us and giving me kisses about every minute or so, and then lying down quietly on the bed, as if just to remind me incase I forgot that I'm loved. And I don't think there's a happier moment of my day than when I go to pick up the kids from Grandma's house and Chloe, wherever she is, will come barreling in my direction shouting "MOMMY'S HOME! MOMMY'S HOME!" and give me a big hug, and Linus will see me or hear me and start flapping his arms a million miles a minute and look like he's about to explode from sheer excitement. If I don't pick him up immediately, the joy disappears from his face and the saddest pout you will ever see takes over and he sheds a few tears as though I might have forgotten about him after all.
One of these days I will have them all to myself, and I pray I won't take it for granted because of what I'm learning now as a working mom. I can handle disgusting diapers, vomit, giant messes, food all over the floor, come what may, but being away from them is hands down the most challenging part of being a mom for me. I will be forever grateful, however, for the best neighbors in the world that have blessed me with the assurance that if I'm not there for them, they're getting the next best thing while I'm away.
I love, Love, LOVE my kids.

3 comments:

Milmonster said...

Being a working mom is indeed the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I hate leaving and then only being home for what seems like a few short hours before I'm back at work again. Thanking the count down has started and there is only 8 more weeks until summer! Hang in there.

Milmonster said...

I meant "thankfully" not thanking

Emily said...

Your kids are precious and I almost teared up reading how much you love them. You are a great mom!